It is something that took me a while to “discover”, but now I won’t go without.
Why You Need to Cage Your Animals
This is specially useful if you have a bunch of them and have fps problems. Keep just your breeding pair outside, should you still want to be able to reproduce.
Some other advantages:
- They won’t starve to death, don’t worry.
- Won’t reproduce – so no gelding – but will give birth should they be pregnant prior to the incarceration.
- The cage is infinite, you can fit all of them in just one.
- Dorfs don’t need to chase them around when marked to butcher/train.
- No impact on FPS due to pathing.