They have about 5 wells ready for water, with water sources available, with buckets ready but still don’t want to drink?
Tips to Prevent Death from Thirst
The only time your dwarves should be drinking water is if they’re injured and bedridden.
Otherwise, you need to rev up those stills and start cranking out booze. Growing Plump Helmets are good way to get a decent stockpile of brewable crops.
Also, anytime you make a new fort:
- Disable “Cooking” on Plump Helmets and all your alcohol!
If you don’t, and you make a kitchen, your idiot dwarves will cook up all their precious alcohol into non-drinkable food, leaving your fortress doomed to die of thirst.
More Cheats / Guides
- Dwarf Fortress – How to Get Seeds
- Dwarf Fortress – Tips to Increase FPS (That Don’t Affect Gameplay Too Much)
- Dwarf Fortress – How to Make a Container in the Training Room That Contains Bolts
- Dwarf Fortress – Stockpiles and Storage Guide
- Dwarf Fortress – How to Move Stuff from Trade Depot Back to Storage