This short guide explains how you can get seeds.
Tips to Get Seeds
Trading, using plant products (by brewing, eating, or processing), or gathering.
Also sometimes it’s worth bringing some on embark.
If you didn’t get them when you embarked you have a few options.
You can send dwarves out to forage (plant gathering), wait for a trader to show up and buy them or get them from plump helmets if you have them.
You’ll want to go into your kitchen menu (y, then click the kitchen tab) and disable cooking plump helmets though (make the left icon beside plump helmets red instead of green).
Dwarves will eat them raw just fine and if they eat them raw, they leave the seeds behind.
More Cheats / Guides
- Dwarf Fortress – How to Prevent Die of Thirst
- Dwarf Fortress – How to Make a Container in the Training Room That Contains Bolts
- Dwarf Fortress – How to Quickly Bump a Work Order to the Top
- Dwarf Fortress – How to Move Stuff from Trade Depot Back to Storage
- Dwarf Fortress – Stockpiles and Storage Guide