Soulstone Survivors – How Exactly Does Multicast Work

How Exactly Does Multicast Work

Multicast can stack up to 5 times, with a -60% decrease to each subsequent roll.

Meaning, with 100% multicast you always cast twice, and have a 40% chance to triple cast, which then gets reduced by 60% again for a 16% chance to quad cast and a 6.4% chance to quintuple cast.

With say 400% multicast, you have 400% to double cast, 160% to triple cast, 64% chance to quad cast and a 25.6% chance to quintuple cast.

So while there are diminishing returns, it does stack and keep increasing dps a lot to go beyond 100%.

For crit, I don’t believe there is a chance to multicrit just yet, maybe the devs will implement that as well, but I’m not sure. For now, I don’t believe there is any benefit to get over 100% crit (And also often you get the dazed effect on enemies, which means you can easily overcap on crit even with just 40% crit, so you don’t need that much crit at all).

Multicast is very worth stacking higher than 100%, even above 200% (Combined global multicast and on skill multicast), It has diminishing returns, but even up to 500% multicast it remains a very good upgrade as your quad cast and quintuple cast do still get noticeably upgraded.

At the early game, +60% legendary multicast on a good skill is the most powerful single skill upgrade you can find, but late game it becomes more in line with a regular damage upgrade instead.

However, damage upgrades also have a major diminishing return as well, as +10% when you have 100% damage is way better than +10% after you have 400% damage.

Upgrades are no longer multiplicative with themselves, so the large multicast granting upgrades remain competitive later on, even when on high number above 400%.

Going from 400% to 500% still gives you +16% to quad cast on all skills and +6.4% chance to quintuple cast.

Considering that each extra cast is +100% additive damage, it is definitely still strong, especially as more casts also stack more DoT’s, so it scales better than you expect.

Volodymyr Azimoff
About Volodymyr Azimoff 945 Articles
I turned my love for games from a hobby into a job back in 2005, since then working on various gaming / entertainment websites. But in 2016 I finally created my first website about video games – Gameplay Tips. And exactly 4 years later, Game Cheat Codes was created – my second website dedicated to legal game cheats. My experience with games started back in 1994 with the Metal Mutant game on ZX Spectrum computer. And since then, I’ve been playing on anything from consoles, to mobile devices.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*