It’s very basic, but should be a good place to start if you’re interested in flight engineering.
How to Build a Basic Atmo Craft
Placing the Dynamic Core
- Select the place object tool. (5 key. Looks like a cube with some arrows)
- Select dynamic core from your inventory (I key). Double click on it. Place it on the ground. (take note of which way the arrow on it points)
- Name the construct.
Make a Ship Shape (Optional)
- Go into build mode (B key when cursor is over the core you deployed)
- Open your inventory (I key) and select any voxel material by double clicking it. (eg. Glossy Aluminum, Painted Carbon Fiber, etc. Looks like a colored cube)
- Use the voxel place tool (2 key) to make whatever shape you want, make sure you remember the arrow on the core points to the front of the ship.
- (Optional) Play around with other voxel tools. Tool 3 let’s you connect 2 points with voxels, tool 7 lets you copy/paste. There’s more too.
Place Required Elements
- In build mode (B key) open your inventory (I key) and select your control unit (hover seat, remote control, etc).
- Place your control seat on the construct.
- Place your atmospheric engines facing backwards. (opposite of arrow on core)
- Place your atmospheric fuel tank.
- Place your hover engines facing the ground. (press R to rotate or hold R and use mouse wheel)
- Place your adjustors around where you need leverage/control. (the more the merrier, they don’t use fuel)
- Place your brakes, pretty much wherever. It doesn’t currently matter which way they face.
- (Optional) Place your gyroscope and/or emergency unit on even surface, aligned and centered.
Link Fuel to Engines
- Select Link Tool (6 key in build mode)
- Click on the fuel tank, then engine. Repeat for each engine and hover engine. (max ~8 per tank)
- Exit build mode
- Select Fuel Tool (6 key)
- Open inventory, select Nitron fuel
- Click on tank to fill