Tips to Boarding
- Use a M class corvette as a personal ship (Nemesis is very nice for this).
- Have another ship or two with large crew capacity for marines.
- Scan target.
- Personally destroy engines first (keep other ships away).
- Personally destroy turrets next.
- After engines and turrets are down, invite other ships to help get shields down.
- Tell your other ships to get lost.
- Destroy some of the large shields, but leave at least one.
- Get hull below 75% (I usually aim for 60%), and keep peppering the target to keep shields above 1%, but below 25%. This causes crew to bail, and is a slow but reliable way to reduce boarding resistance.
- When enough veteran marines have bailed that you are confident you will have an easy fight, tell your ship with marines to start boarding op.
- Turn off the turrets of AI controlled ships to prevent them from damaging the hull and potentially destroying the target.
Be the first to comment