Here is the fix for 4K, fullscreen and any other resolution so that the game actually renders what you pick and is not zoomed in.
How to Fix 4K, Get Fullscreen and Render the Correct Resolutions
- Click on the top Library tab on Steam.
- Right click on: SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake.
- Select: Manage.
- Now pick: Browse local files.
- This will open the install folder on one of your hard drives where the game was installed.
- Right click on the games EXE: CosmicShake.exe
- Pick at the bottom: properties.
- Pick the tab: compatibility.
- Pick: change high DPI settings.
- Put a check mark on: High DPI scaling override.
- Pick from the drop down list: Application.
- Click on the button: OK.
That is it launch the game and pick your rez and even full screen will work now. I could not get 4K to work and window fullscreen was low rez render. This fix will force the game to render the actual resolution you pick and not use Windows scaling, 4K native looks amazing!