Useful Tips to Farm
If you plan to spend alot of time farming crashed ships and freighters in the same system here’s my pro-tips:
- Buy at least 10 distress charts (5 for the setup+however many sites you want to salvage).
- Land on a planet that is NOT the one you want to farm on.
- Set off 5 distress charts (5 is the minimum to located all the POIs).
- Visit and salvage the crashed freighter site.
- You should have 2 crashed ship sites located, fly to them but only land if the site has a distress beacon there… salvage the ship.
- Now goto the planet you wish to farm.
- On this planet every distress chart you pop will only ever give a crashed ship you can claim or a crashed freighter (the other existing POIs are noted as ‘off planet’ so they won’t get in your way).
Note: The POIs found by charts but not visited survive a reload… so you can continue with (7) over multiple game sessions.