Tips for Combat
it’s a JRPG, very old school JRPG btw. For some reason I remembered FF12. Standard JRPGs you are meant to take damage and you have to heavily rely on buffs (food in this game).
Also, it’s pretty normal in JRPGs to make you grind and level up.
Here are a few tips:
- Make food, keep your hunger at, at least, 20, so you can recover Stamina over time.
- Make juices, they are the “potion” of this game, instant use (no animation) and heals a lot.
- Try using your food during rest (near teleport points) since it gives you boosted buffs.
- And last but not least, take your time, repeat dungeons, focus on the farm, take a few days making juices, upgrade your weapons. You don’t need to rush the story.
- Also, this is a farming game, so it’s pretty normal for you to progress the story slowly.
Enemies can be stagger locked if you can dump enough damage into them fast enough. This gets really easy during Break and Double Break where you can functionally stunlock them if your output is high enough.
Many attacks have good range. Warrior sucks horribly at range but Assault can easily initiate combat on its terms and often run enemies over before they attack at all.
Dodge isn’t a souls roll, but it works. Enemy attacks hit an area, even the ones without area markers. Not being in that area means you don’t get hit.
Due to the nature of the game, you’re going to take damage. Otherwise you wouldn’t need all those healing items the farming side of the game gives you. How much you take depends on player skill and tactics. And there are non-item ways to heal up.
Be the first to comment