The Fix for Controllers Not Working
After wasting a lot of time trying everything, posting a video, and discussing with others we’ve arrived to the only “solution” to controllers not working.
- Put Steam in Big Picture mode (yes, that mode no one uses of all things).
- Make sure your controller is working in this mode. Because…
- Unplug your keyboard and mouse, and anything else that might be seen as a controller such as a footpedel (No I’m not joking you actually have to do this).
- Launch Elden Ring with your controller.
- Make sure you can get into the main menu before plugging back in the keyboard, mouse, etc. It should work fine at that point. But I think you still have to do this whole process every time.