How to Disable Enemy Ship without Blowing It Apart
- As long as it has an airlock and a crew bunk you can take it.
- Destroying all of the reactors will disable it, and cause big explosions.
- Destroying all bridge modules will disable it, my preferred method
- There is a 3rd way, but I think it requires all weapons and engines to be destroyed.
Another way of getting new ships is to build them attached to a current ship with a bridge of 2-3 structure pieces on either side of a explosive charge. After it qualifies as a ship click on the explosive charge then click the button to activate it. Delete the extra parts from the blueprints of each ship, then your done.
UPD: My strat so far has been finding smaller enemy ships that only have limited-ammo weapons, tanking everything with a shield until they run out of ammo, then doing careful surgery with a mining laser (the targets depend on the opponent).
More Cheats / Guides
- Cosmoteer: Starship Architect & Commander – How to Add a Second Ship
- Cosmoteer: Starship Architect & Commander – How to See Your Mission Rating / Combat Rating
- Cosmoteer: Starship Architect & Commander – How to Share Designs in The Workshop
- Cosmoteer: Starship Architect & Commander – Tips for Ship Design
- Cosmoteer: Starship Architect & Commander – Fastest Ways to Get Large Amounts of Tristeel