General Tips for New Players
- Memorize default hotkeys or assign new ones that fit your playstyle.
- Use SHIFT key to give multiple orders to a unit (or groups of them).
- Explore all areas surrounding your base first (SHIFT comes very useful for this when you order your scout to do so).
- Don’t stop creating villagers and make sure you are able to reach Feudal in 10 minutes, Castle in around 15-16 and Imperial in 28-30 minutes.
- Adapt use of military, research, buildings, etc to the bonuses of the civilization you have chosen (also, learn build orders for it).
- Use multiple archers or scouts to harrass AI villagers that are far away from their own Town Center during Feudal Age.