Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition – Cheat Codes
A comprehensive guide to all the cheat codes in the game. Just like all the others, never load up the game without your trusted notepad (urrr, guide I mean), with all your cheat codes written down. Ahhh, it feels like the 90’s again!
How to Activate Cheats
Just hit the Enter button or click the Chat icon in the top-right. That should bring up a text box. Type in one of the cheat codes listed below and then hit Enter button again. The cheat codes aren’t case sensitive, so all you’ve to do is spell them right.
- marco: Reveals the entire map. It works as a switch — on or off — so entering it again will hide the map.
- polo: Removes the fog of war. This too works as a switch, like so entering it again will restore the fog of war.
- alpaca simulator: Creates an “Alfred the Alpaca”, which looks like a Llama. Very high armour value, trample damage, and attacks with headbutts. Strong in melee combat, weak against speed, ranged attack.
- catzor: Creates an “Sharkatzor”, which resembled a flying shark with rockets launches on its back. Has a very high damage capacity, and has a 10 square firing sight line.
- furious the monkey boy: Creates a “Furious the Monkey Boy”. Destroys buildings easily, but slow and dies after taking nine hits.
- how do you turn this on: Creates an “AC Cobra”. Fires rounds of bullets, impressive long range, and high hit points, armour, and damage. Poor AI, bullets harm friendly units.
- i don’t exist: Creates a “Penguin”. High armour and damage.
- i love the monkey head: Creates a “VMDL”. Quick and good for exploring. Cannot attack but grant attack bonus to buildings if garrisoned. Fun fact: VMDL stands for Villager Male David Lewis and in case you’re wondering, David Lewis was in the team that made the game.
- to smithereens: Creates a Saboteur. More effective and faster than a Petard, the only non-cheat suicide unit on land.
- cheese steak jimmy’s: Increases Food by 10,000.
- lumberjack: Increases Wood by 10,000.
- robin hood: Increases Gold by 10,000.
- rock on: Increases Stone by 10,000.
- ninjaconnor / ninjalui / rowshep: Increases all resources by 1,00,000 (You only have to input ONE of the three codes here, not all 3. I have no idea why they did this).
- !mute: Silences taunts. That’s it.
- !nomute: Reverses !mute.
- aegis: Building, researching, resource gathering, and training is done instantly — for everyone including the AI. Works like a switch, so can be turned off.
- black death: Kills all other civilisations, except yours. Yes, even your allies.
- i r winner: Declares your civilisation as the winner.
- natural wonders: Transfers player control to nature, in lieu of losing control of your civilisation. It is irreversible — there’s no way to regain control of your civilisation other than starting a new game.
- resign: You lose the game.
- torpedo XXXXX: Kills the specified civilisation, where “X” is civilisation number from 1 – 8.
- wimpywimpywimpy: Kills all of your units, resulting in the same outcome as resign.
- woof woof: Transforms birds into “Stormy Dogs”. They are flying dogs with red capes. No gameplay change.